Award in Education and Training
This Edexcel course replaces the PTLLS (Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector) qualification and has been designed to provide an introduction to teaching for people who would like to work or are currently working in FE Colleges, Independent Training Providers or Local Authorities.
Who is it suitable for?
- Individuals not currently teaching or training
Achievement of the qualification does not require practice other than microteaching, unless units from the Learning and Development Suite of qualifications are selected.
- Individuals currently teaching and training, including those new to the profession
Although the qualifications does not require practice (see explanation above), opportunities may be made available to observe and provide feedback on a trainee teacher’s practice.
- Individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a qualification that provides an introduction to teaching.
What will you learn?
You will learn about the role and responsibilities of teachers You will also be encouraged to develop skills which will enable you to plan, deliver and evaluate basic teaching
and learning sessions.
- Develop knowledge of teaching and learning.
- Develop skills in teaching and learning.
- Develop personal growth and engagement in teaching and learning.
- Achieve a nationally-recognised qualification.
What are the entry requirements?
Learners must be aged 19 + and undertake a formal initial assessment for English, Mathematics and ICT.
How is it achieved?
Learners must produce a portfolio of evidence that meets the learning outcomes for the units selected.
How much does it cost?
The course runs over 5 consecutive days in our Bournemouth office at a cost of £500 (inc. VAT) per person. Coffee and tea will be provided.
In-house training for businesses
Courses can also be delivered to groups of five or more staff in your workplace.